On a good day we smile with the world. We are thankful for all of the species still in existence. On the bad days we’re inundated with reality:
– Wolves being ‘harvested’ or packs being killed for whatever reasons a state or federal fish and wildlife agency can dream up.
– Carnivore species crashing globally.
– Lions are endangered.
– Coyotes called, hunted and slaughtered at alarming rates.
– Sea life is crashing. The fish populations are crashing.
– Dolphins and whales are sick.
– Dead zones in the gulf of Mexico.
– Elephants are being poached and slaughtered into extinction.
– Corruption on every scale is ruling the world.
And this list could be long enough to circle the globe. So it’s nice to simply watch and listen to a recording of a wolf pup howl. Don’t think about how short his life may be with the bloodthirsty sport hunters. See him in the moment. This moment. Enjoy.
January 13, 2013
Is there a more haunting, ethereal sound in nature than the howl of the wolf? This sweet pup calls to its pack and they howl back!!
Posted in: gray wolf pups, biodiversity
Video: Courtesy YouTube ODFW
Tags: Snake River Wolf Pack, ODFW, wolf pup, howling wolves, Oregon